One thing about me: I’ve never been to a convention of any kind. I’ve always wanted to go to things like Comic-Con, but I’ve just never really had chance. This year though, I’m SO EXCITED because I’m going to YALC (Young Adult Lit Con) with my friend Sarah from The Little Contemporary Corner!
We’re going to all 3 days and staying in a cute Airbnb. The full author list is out now and I can’t wait to meet them all and get some of my books signed! Some of my friends who are going have written YALC TBR lists, so I thought I’d do the same. Here’s a list of books I’m going to try and read before YALC!
My YALC Reading List
Books I’ve Read (in order)
- One by Sarah Crossan (review)
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard (review)
- Paper Butterflies by Lisa Heathfield
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr (review)
- We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan & Brian Conaghan
- Seed by Lisa Heathfield
Books Still to Read
- Flight of a Starling by Lisa Heathfield (currently reading)
- Apple & Rain by Sarah Crossan
- Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
- The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- Ink by Alice Broadway
- Doing It by Hannah Witton
Okay, only after writing this list have I realised:
a) How many books I have to read in so little time (YALC starts on 27th July, so I have about a month and a half)
b) How many I have by the same authors
I wish I could get so many more books to take with me, but I can’t carry 2 tonnes of books with me! I’ll probably end up buying some when I’m there, though. As I finish books, I’ll cross them off, move them to the top of the list, and link to my review if I wrote one. Hopefully seeing the list getting smaller will motivate me to read them all!
Are you going to YALC this year? Which authors are you excited to see, and do you have a reading list?