If you’re not sure what the Short Story Challenge is, you can read all of the details here. I’m so happy with how this challenge is going so far. I almost expected nobody to join in, but it’s so amazing to see people having fun with it! Let’s find out about this month’s challenge!
Last Month’s Challenge
Last month’s Short Story Challenge was to write a story with the following prompt:
Your character is in high school. One of their classmates is always on their own and never seems to talk to anyone. Write from the perspective of your character and also from the perspective of the shy classmate.
There weren’t as many submissions than last month, but I loved them all (well, one of them was mine, and I must say – I’m pretty happy with mine too!) Again, like last time, it was so amazing to see how people interpreted the prompt – all three stories are totally different! Thank you to those who took part. Click on the button below to read last month’s stories – comment on this post and tell us which one is your favourite!
Recap of the Rules
So, these are the basic rules and guidelines:
- Look at the challenge prompt below and get some ideas flowing!
- Write a short story (no minimum length, but aim for around 1000 words) using the prompt, and email it to [email protected]
- In your email, include your name, your blog link or social media links (promote yourself!), whether your story has warnings (this includes bad language, sex, or trigger warnings (e.g. abuse). I want everyone to feel happy and safe!), and your story – either attach it as a document or copy and paste it into the email body.
- Make sure you send it to me by April 30th, and some time after that, I’ll send you your incentive via email as thanks for taking part!
Are you ready for the most important part? THIS MONTH’S SHORT STORY CHALLENGE!
This Month’s Short Story Challenge…
Each month, the challenge could be…
- A sentence or a few words you must include
- A starting sentence
- Just a title, and you write a story with that title
- A setting (place, time, maybe even whether conditions)
- Anything I can think of as I go along!
Here’s this month’s challenge…
Write a story with a HUGE cliffhanger ending!
I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Your Incentive for Taking Part
This month’s incentive literally had me jumping for joy when I arranged it. If you took part in the first challenge and received my handy list of writing tips websites, you may remember that one of my favourites was Something Delicious. Well, this month, Victoria has put together a free printable for you, all about cliffhanger endings! So once you’ve written your story, you can get tips from the writing master herself. GAHHH I’M SO EXCITED!
I hope you’re as excited for this as I am!
Let’s Get Writing!
If you’re taking part in this challenge, comment below and let me know! I hope you’re looking forward to this as much as me. Just to remind you, you can click here to read the post all about the challenge if you need some more information. Good luck, and have fun!