Ooh, how exciting! Welcome to the very first Short Story Challenge! If you don’t know what this is all about, it’s probably best if you read thisÂ introductory post first. In this post, I’ll quickly recap the rules, tell you what the first challenge is, and then reveal this month’s incentive that you’ll get once you finish! LET’S GO!
Recap of the Rules
So, these are the basic rules and guidelines:
- Look at the challenge prompt below and get some ideas flowing!
- Write a short storyÂ (no minimum length, maximum 1000 words) using the prompt, and email it to [email protected]
- In your email, include your name, your blog link or social media links (promote yourself!),Â whether your story has warnings (this includes bad language, sex, or trigger warnings (e.g. abuse). I want everyone to feel happy and safe!), and your story – either attach it as a document or copy and paste it into the email body.
- Make sure you send it to me by February 25th and some time after that, I’ll send you your incentive via email as thanks for taking part!
Are you ready for the most important part? THIS MONTH’S SHORT STORY CHALLENGE!
This Month’s Short Story Challenge…
Each month, the challenge could be…
- A sentence or a few words you must include
- A starting sentence
- Just a title, and you write a story with that title
- A setting (place, time, maybe even whether conditions)
- Anything I can think of as I go along!
This month’s challenge is going to be a title! Write your story with this title. It can be about anything you like, in any genre, so long as it follows this title. The title is…
“The Last Thirteen Minutes”
I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to write yet!
Your Incentive for Taking Part
I’ve been so excited to come up with some great ideas to say thank you for taking part in this month’s challenge. I have some AMAZING people on board and I can’t thank them enough! This month, because it’s the first ever challenge and I’m feeling generous, you’ll get TWO THINGS. Woop!
For completing this challenge, you’ll get:
- A document full of writing resources that I’ve put together for you.Â They’re things that I love to use for inspiration and advice. I’ve spent a while collecting links and putting them in a big list for you, and I hope a few of them will help you out!
- An amazing 15% off atÂ Dorkface on Etsy!Â Jemma’s Etsy shop is one of my favourites, and I want to buy everything. She’s been wonderful and given me a code for 15% off her shop!
You’ll get both of these things in an email after you submit your story. As well as these, you’ll get your story along with your blog/social media links shared in March’sÂ Short Story Challenge blog post. EEEEP I can’t wait!!!
Let’s Get Writing!
If you’re taking part in this challenge, comment below and let me know! I hope you’re looking forward to this as much as me. Just to remind you, you can click here to read the post all about the challenge if you need some more information. Good luck, and have fun!