Not sure what the Short Story Challenge is? You can read all of the details here! There’s also now a brand new Facebook group that you can join for updates, discussion and other fun stuff. The link to that is further down in this post. Let’s get going with this month’s challenge!
Last Month’s Challenge
Last month’s Short Story Challenge was to write a story with the following prompt:
Write a story with a HUGE cliffhanger ending!
Thank you to those of you who took part in this month’s challenge. I really want to think of ways to get more people involved, but until then, it’s like an exclusive little club! Click on the button below to read last month’s stories.
Recap of the Rules
So, these are the basic rules and guidelines:
- Look at the challenge prompt below and get some ideas flowing!
- Write a short story (no minimum length, but aim for around 1000 words) using the prompt, and email it to [email protected]
- In your email, include your name, your blog link or social media links (promote yourself!), whether your story has warnings (this includes bad language, sex, or trigger warnings (e.g. abuse). I want everyone to feel happy and safe!), and your story – either attach it as a document or copy and paste it into the email body.
- Make sure you send it to me by May 30th, and some time after that, I’ll send you your incentive via email as thanks for taking part!
Are you ready for the most important part? THIS MONTH’S SHORT STORY CHALLENGE!
This Month’s Short Story Challenge…
Each month, the challenge could be…
- A sentence or a few words you must include
- A starting sentence
- Just a title, and you write a story with that title
- A setting (place, time, maybe even whether conditions)
- Anything I can think of as I go along!
Here’s this month’s challenge…
Include this sentence:
There was no food left in the kitchen – nor did she/he/they have any money to buy some.
What happens? Why are they in such a bad situation? Or is it a bad situation? Only you can decide! I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Your Incentive for Taking Part
This is another one that I’m SO EXCITED about! If you submit a story this month, you’ll get an exclusive discount code for one of my favourite Etsy shops, The Literary Emporium! Rio sells all sorts of amazing bookish things, from notebooks and bookmarks to pin badges and jewellery, and I want it all. I hope you’re as excited for this as I am! All you have to do to access this discount code is take part!
Let’s Get Writing!
If you’re taking part in this challenge, comment below and let me know! I hope you’re looking forward to this as much as me. Just to remind you, you can click here to read all about the challenge if you need some more information. Good luck, and have fun!