This month’s theme: Self-Care
Favourite TV Moments
There are SO MANY so I’m going to have to be incredibly vague, otherwise I’ll be here for 3 years.
- A million moments from Torchwood (but ONLY series 1 and 2)
- A million moments from How I Met Your Mother (and I’m only half-way through season 2…)
- A few moments from Doctor Who (but mainly Tenth Doctor, my fave)
Things That Make Me Cry
- Okay, most people who know me know that I hardly ever cry. Like, I can’t even think of the last time I cried. I never ever cry at films or TV.
- However, certain moments of Torchwood (if you’ve seen it, you’ll know which moments I mean) made me SOB.
- The Book Thief (book, not film) made me cry so much that my pillow was wet.
- The two films that spring to mind when I think of ones that did actually make me cry are Remember Me and About Time. Both traumatic films.
- I hardly cry at real-life events (like I said, I can’t actually can’t remember the last time I cried at something?!) but if I think of any I’ll come back and edit them in!
Things I Will Tell Myself When Perfectionism Strikes
- It doesn’t matter. If you’re showing this to someone they’ll probably like it and they won’t see the teeny tiny elements that are driving you insane, so STOP IT.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect. Stop driving yourself mad over the tiny things and move on.
- You could be doing much better things with you time than perfecting things that are already good to go. This is something I need to tell myself when I’m working. If I have a list of tasks I need to do, I should just move on to the next one rather than wasting time doing the same thing for 45 mintes!
Autumn Bucket List
- Buy a new jumper. I really don’t need one, but you can never have too many autumnal jumpers.
- Go on a day trip in big coats and boots and come back and get really warm
- Have a bath!! This might not seem big, but we don’t have a bath in our house – only a shower – and we’re hopefully getting one fitted soon. I want a personal pamper day!
- Start planning people’s Christmas presents…
- Read a load of books (under a blanket when the weather starts getting colder)
Random Acts of Kindness I Will Commit This Week
- Seeing as it’s Sunday, I should probably say what I have already done.
- I can’t think of any.
- I’m a bad person.